Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Vegetarian - After Noon Small Lunch

Hey there!

As time goes on my situation will become more apparent to you readers as you get to know me.

It has been a bit over a full year, since I have gotten sick. This, for me, is un heard of. I am not exactly sure why or how I have been able to ward off all the colds and flu and other illnesses that have been around me; but maybe it has something to do with my diet. Not getting sick for a whole year, is great. I am very thankful.


So, this is another reason why I want to share what I am eating with others. Maybe, this could help you to stay more healthy too.

Everyone’s body is different, so, each person needs to do what feels right for them.

BACK TO THE MAIN ISSUE AT HAND:

My small lunch was just some eggs on wheat bread (in essence).

The Eggs I chose are from cage free chickens. The Wheat Bread is 100% Natural 100%Stone Ground (so the wrapping says). I also put some Silk soy milk and some seasonings in the egg mixture.

The Ingredients of EARTH GRAINS whole wheat bread begin this way: stone ground whole wheat flour, water, bulgur wheat, brown sugar, wheat gluten, yeast, raisin juice concentrate...


When I first transitioned into Vegetarianism, I also started to cut out breads. I tried the bread alternative, tortillas (which worked out for a short term), but after some research, was able to get some bread back into the diet.


I will try to get some links to the sources of my information in blogs to come.

But, in the meantime, what I found was: enriched flour, or enriched anything is not the healthiest. They say, this means, the flour has been through so much processing that they had to put stuff back into it.

It has been a few week, since I have read that specific tidbit of information, but I will be sure to get more detailed as time goes by, and as I stated before, I will also add the link to that researched material for you to read for yourself.

As, I am on the road now, these meals are not as full as they would be when I am at my home. So, please bare with me, as I hope to build a positive influence with my new found blogging venture.

Healthy Eats Everyone,

Q1

No comments: