Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Vegetarian - On the Road

Okay, being on the road has done a number on my diet. I stopped in Charlotte, NC to see my aunt and cousin, and broke the news of my new found vegetarianism. Their fridge was not ready for that. So, my aunt, so kindly, suggest my cousin take me out to eat.

I thought, any place would be okay, and that it wouldn’t be a big deal; but I quickly found out, that not every place has vegetarian alternatives. We originally were going to TGI Fridays. I figured, I’d just order the loaded potato skins, without the bacon, and, maybe a side veggie or salad.

We ended up at and let me tell you:

It was very difficult to find something without MEAT in it.

I ended up getting "fried cheese sticks" as they call it.
Which are suppose to look like but after a few, looked like
My cousin and I couldn't finish them.

I also tried, the potato soup (which came with bacon on it). The waiter did not pick up on the fact that I was trying to avoid meat, because I am a vegetarian. So, no picture of that.

But, I did get a ceaser salad, which happened to be pretty good. It wasn't bad.
I asked for the dressing (blue cheese) on the side. This salad had tomatoes, lettuce, croutons and Parmesan cheese.

Cranberry Juice was the drink of choice.

Including my Cousins Iced Tea, this bill came out to be just under $20.00 bucks.

This overall experience was a bit disappointing. The product was not worth the price. And, this is definitely not a place for Vegetarians.

Needless to say, I had a stomach ache the rest of the night.

:(

No comments: